Tuesday, July 22, 2008

On a Roll



I managed to get outside and run the trails again today. I took a different series of them and did about three miles (distance estimated by using my pedometer). It was another swampy day, but again, the temps weren't quite as bad as they had been a couple of days ago. Well, when I say that the temp wasn't as "bad", I mean that it was about 80 degrees with about 90% humidity, rather than 90 degrees with about 90% humidity (just so as we're clear). Some of the trail is pretty rugged and I had to be very careful with foot placement since with all the rain and moist weather we've had, the stretches of slab granite and slate embedded in the paths can be very treacherous, those rocks get pretty slick when they're wet and it's easy to forget that the surfaces aren't always just dirt, pine needles and leaves. Still, this is the kind of stuff that makes trail running fun and interesting! So, another workout day down, I'm once again on a roll towards building some exercise consistency.

No comments: