Sunday, July 20, 2008

Trying to get back into it



I managed to start the new week off with a workout. In my former running life, my training week was always Sunday to Saturday. I liked to break the weekend up like that in case I have an off one, that way it gets split between two. Oh the mind games I have to play with fitness stuff. Anyway, it's been so stinking oppressive this weekend, today was downright murky (finally, the thunderstorms have just started) so it wasn't conducive to doing anything outside. So it was back to the treadmill for me. I did three miles of running intervals, followed with one mile of brisk walking on a higher incline. I found my energy really waning in the last ten minutes of the running part of the workout, I think because I ate a very small lunch today and hadn't had a lot of water either. Plus, I haven't been consistently working out for a couple of weeks now, so I'm sure that was also a factor. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with it and I feel like I've started my week off right. Now I have to keep it up for the rest of the week. One workout down, five more to go (for the week).

No comments: