Thursday, July 10, 2008

WTF?



A very strange thing happened today. During one of the brief stints of time where I was actually awake and sitting in my living room, my door bell rang. Once I was able to get the dogs calmed down and squeezed myself out the door to see what was going on, I saw this huge delivery truck backed up to my garage with two guys hauling at this enormous box. The one guy came over with a yellow delivery slip with my name and address on it and told me that he had a furniture delivery for me from Target. What??? I also saw on the slip instructions to leave the ginormous box if no one was home. I told them that I had not ordered any furniture and that I was going to refuse delivery. He then asked if anyone else could have ordered it, and I pointed to the dogs pressed against the glass storm door and said, "not unless you think one of those four dogs could have." So they rolled their big cargo door closed and drove away. I can't even imagine what I would have done had I been asleep or something when they came. They would have left that humongous, and no doubt extremely heavy, box in front of my garage and I wouldn't have been able to move it at all, being two days post-surgery and all. My God.

No comments: