Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2nd Workout of the Day



This morning I had an email from the Spinning & Pilates studio place telling me that they didn't have room in their class for tonight, so I went ahead and did my run this afternoon (as I posted about earlier). Well, when I got back from my run, I had another email from them stating that they had had some cancellations and had some room after all! Okay then. I decided to go ahead and try the class, after all, I've done the double workout thing (spinning & running) before. Of course, in those days I was in a helluva better shape, but whatever. Anyway, so I went to the studio, had my tour and took the class. It was great, of course, just as I knew it would be. And it pretty much kicked my ass, but I was able to keep up, so I was happy with my effort. I feel completely wiped out now though. Just a limp noodle really. But it feels good too. And hopefully this also means that I'll have a great nights sleep.

So I decided to sign up for the studio. It's a little expensive, but the nice thing about this place is that you only commit to it at 12 weeks at a time. You select the class or classes that you're signing up for for your duration and those are your default classes. So I signed up for Spinning on Mondays & Wednesdays and something that is called "Core/Spin" for Tuesdays. The Wednesday class is already full however, so I'm not guaranteed a spot in that one, however she told me that they almost always have cancellations as they did tonight. The Core/Spin class is a combination of a mat core/Pilates class and spinning (basically half the class is devoted to each). So, I'll try these out and see what works and what I like and when it's time to re-up, I can decide whether it's worth it and which of those classes are going to work with my schedule and with my training. Additionally, they offer Pilates Reformer classes. It's kind of expensive, so I'm going to have to think about those, I'm not quite ready to make that financial commitment just yet. Anyway, I'm hoping that the introduction of these spinning classes will kick my weight loss off of this plateau it's been on and into high gear where I want it. I am also hoping that the cardio exertion of spinning will improve my running too. Maybe it will help get me in shape enough where I'm not gasping so early and easily on my runs. One can hope anyway.

So, that's my workout story for today. Here I sit just a shadow of the person that I was this morning when I woke up. I'll probably be a little sore tomorrow, but as usual, it will be a "good" sore. I wish I had the time and energy to do 2-a-day workouts more often.

No comments: