Saturday, August 23, 2008

Well-Rounded Work-Out Program



While I was working out with "Nice Mike" yesterday, I told him about my new spinning classes and my plans for the classes that I'm going to be fitting into my week, in addition to my running and the sessions with him. I also told him about the Pilates Reformer classes that I was thinking of looking into and asked him how he thought that would fit with the work I do with him and the other stuff I'm doing. He seemed to think that all of these things put together will give me a very well-rounded program that will put me into excellent shape. I'm still not sure about how I'm going to fit the Pilates stuff in, I was thinking that it might be a something to target for the Winter when maybe I won't be able to run as much as I want, on the other hand my eagerness and impatience to becoming fit may not allow me to wait that long. Anyway, his confirmation that this program that seems to be evolving for me will be a good solid road towards achieving my goals has me pretty excited and enthusiastic to try and do everything now, now, now. (Maybe I need to take a chill pill.) I also commented to him about how all of these things can get pretty expensive and I have to figure out how to pay for it all. But, on the other hand, in all my years in NYC, I constantly seemed to always come up with money for happy hours throughout the week, something that I don't do now at all. So I suppose if I'm going to make an investment in anything, my health & fitness is worth the sum. It's certainly a more worthy outlay for my money than partying ever was.

No comments: