Wednesday, January 14, 2004

I can't sleep so I figured that I would log on and complain about my shitty grocery store.

The place is small, only four aisles and one of those is all paper products and cleaning supplies, so needless-to-say, there isn't a lot of selection (AND it's expensive, but that's a whole other story). But when you don't have a car, your options are limited. Anyway, this evening I stopped in to pick up a few basics. I go to the meat section with the intention of picking up some ground sirloin, in addition to my chicken breasts. I find it good to have some ground sirloin on hand, I split it up into patties and freeze and then can easily defrost one pattie at a time. Easy to make a burger on the Foreman grill if I can't think of something to have for dinner (or there's nothing in the apt). Also easy to throw into a chili or a sauce or any number of things. And I feel like ground sirloin isn't that bad for you, as long as you only eat it once or twice a week. But my grocery store, of course only had ground chuck (too fatty, not worth it). All packaged in the convenient 10-lb family size, I might add. But what they did have in stock were veal livers and hearts. Yep, a huge, honking veal heart wrapped in cellophane and sitting there with a sticker, pretty as you please as if it were a flank steak. Now what the F* am I going to do with a damn veal heart??? (besides shudder as I pass it by) Damn shitty useless grocery store.

No comments: