Saturday, January 17, 2004

Weird night last night. Lares's last day, so a buncha people went out to this bar we all used to hang out in. Past few days I've felt some virus coming on like a freight train, so it was my intention only to stay maybe for an hour. Yeah. Right. I was the last one to leave. Even the Man Of The Hour left before I did. Got home around 11:00 or so (I had gotten to bar at 5:30). Now I can't talk at all. Or swallow. Jello is looking awfully good to me at the moment.

Anyway, so last night, lots of sloppy sentiments, etc. At one point Lares told me that he loves me (don't get your panties all in a twist he's not in love with me, he loves me as a friend, etc. he does have a very nice wife afterall). And so I had to screw with him and so I said, "yeah, but I'm not as smart as you" (heh) and he answers, "well, very few people are." Cracks me up. Dan, a colleague of mine from my department was also there last night and I know I spent a small part of the evening talking about work stuff with him. I just hope now I didn't say anything about work or our department (ie: something bad about our director, or a complaint about my job) that will come back to bite me in the butt later. Oh and one other thing I remember from last night was Lares trying to sort of set me up with a bar friend of his. He was pretty transparent about it. Guy gave me his business card when he left. Does that mean I'm supposed to call him? I don't even know. So the whole night was rather weird. It's coming back to me now in bits and pieces. I'll post more about it if anything new comes to light.

No comments: