Tuesday, January 20, 2004

I was calling all of you out on it, so there.

Still sick, bad cough that won't stop. Feel as if I'm going to hack my lungs out through my throat. Yet, here I sit at work waiting to be hit with all the pre-sales meeting craziness. Basically all the sundry divisions clambering for reports and numbers looked at every which way so that they can all justify their existences. And of course no one is looking at the same report, or even looking at any report the same way, so everyone has different data and I am inundated to build yet more reports and also to explain old ones. And need I remind you that when a division wants a report, it also requires building an involved html/asp page so that they have every sorting option and screening criteria possible. Not to mention all the drilldown options that must be built into the report as well. One damn report might as well be 20, by the time you are done building in all the variables and drilldown options. Gaaaah! Why did I even get out of bed this morning?

Oh and another thing, Carolina & Janos want me to take a vacation day tomorrow to help them with their apartment (basically for the last push before they finally move). I normally wouldn't care too much, and have repeatedly offered to help throughout this whole ordeal, but do you think maybe one person could have called me to see how I was feeling this past weekend? As I lay miserable and dying of some deadly crud.

Oh, and it appears that my comments section is dead, dead, dead. I guess you get what you pay for.

No comments: