Sunday, January 04, 2004

This weekend has been a bit of an escape from reality for me. Four days (and five nights) of uninterrupted loafing. A bit like an oasis in the middle of an otherwise endless drone of working weeks. I've spent a lot of time fantasizing about what I want to do when I grow up (ie: when I get the courage to leave NYC and go back to school or whatever). I swing between pursuing as high a psychology degree as I can endure and going from there (perhaps into psychotherapy) to becoming a vet technician (along with dog trainer, behaviorist, etc.) because I love animals so much and really treasure every waking moment I can spend with them (be it dog, cat, horse, etc.). With the exception of monkeys. Monkeys creep me out. Anyway, the latter option would mean schooling of only about two years, yet I don't think the earning potential is too impressive. Not that making bookoo bucks is my top motivation, but I still have to live. Living somewhere other than NYC makes the money thing more flexible, of course, but there still has to be limits.

I've spent less time this weekend thinking of some goals and objectives for 2004. Which really, probably would have been time better spent. Probably better to zone in on some concrete goals first, rather than all the lofty fantasies.

No comments: