Saturday, January 24, 2004

I just stopped by Carolina & Janos's new apartment to see how it had shaped up. They finally moved yesterday after months and months of this ordeal. I can see that in the end this is all going to be worth it. They plan to stay with Carolina's aunt and uncle (who have a big apartment in the same building) until they can finish up the last of the painting, etc. but all of their stuff is moved in and you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Anyway, it was wonderful to see the almost-final result, it is a beautiful place. And it is totally enviable to have so much space. I think people from other areas of this country don't appreciate space the way a New Yorker does, where the tiniest apartment costs a fortune. I mean, I can't even afford to have a bedroom! And here they have a huge, three-bedroom apartment (they'll be using one of the bedrooms as an office/den/guest bedroom) with two full bathrooms, a foyer area (in addition to the entrance hall) that could be used as another room, huge living room, kitchen with separate dining room, AND a balcony.

I hate my life.

No comments: