Wednesday, February 11, 2004

I had the worst freaking day today. My boss and another project manager invaded my cube (without knocking, while I was eating lunch) to give me this emergency busy-work project. Basically because the PM was too busy with his own crap to do it. And because I'm a nobody. It almost felt like they were ganging up on me, I felt so demoralized by the whole thing. And, while I admit that my feelings on the matter may have been somewhat of an over-reaction, I think, more importantly, it is a symptom of how I've been feeling about my company, my job and my role in both lately. So I dropped all of my work to do this stupid thing. And stayed two hours late to make sure I got it done. Did not want to have it waiting on my desk for the morning (needed to shake the whole thing off tonight). I am so happy this is a long weekend coming up. Oh crap. It's also Valentine's Day. Just great.

No comments: