Friday, February 06, 2004

Interesting night of W&B with Ken & Ellen tonight. Went to a strange place I had recommended in their neighborhood. Interesting cultural mix. One guy got me up to do (what can only be called) the "booty dance" where I complied until he wanted me to "slap the ass". A girl has got to draw the line somewhere. Got into a fight with this guy across the aisle from me on the train, who insisted on sitting there with his dirty, grubby feet up on the seat across from him. You just know that I'm going to end up sitting in that seat in the morning on my train in. I said as much to him. He just looked at me like I was out of my mind and mumbled something to me. I said, "I'm sorry, I can't hear what you said" He mumbled something again -- all this time not moving his feet from the seat. I finally said, " so, you're just telling me that you're an asshole." He continues to mumble (he was actually saying, "you have a nice night now") we went through this song and dance until my stop, where I straightened up and locked eyes with the poor police cadet who happened to be facing me (there was a whole slew of them on the train). I said, "this city is driving me insane, it's people like this who make me crazy." Police Cadet's eyes widened (he must be about 19 yrs old) and he said, "I know just how you feel."

I think he was afraid of me.

No comments: