Saturday, February 07, 2004

In the ever increasing need to quell and manage the spam on my various email accounts, I find it increasingly necessary to inspect the contents of my spam folders as more and more of my legitimate mail seems to end up filtered there. This morning I found this -- you are meant to believe that it is an official notice from Yahoo:

"Dear* YAH0O Client,

This _email_ inform _you_ TH@T your Yahoo` user ID (deborahsulli@yahoo.com)
wi|l be BL0CKED after 16 days* (@S _after_ autoomateed reegisttration) 1f Y0U will
not s!gnup _on_ Yahoo` wh1te l!st (T0 sign up - c|ick here: http://- address deleted -/)

Th1s is _done_ beecause we update now Yahoo` not autoomateed reegistered user IDs.

H1Fijf4yPv "

I mean, really. I know that there are plenty of stupid people out there, but I can't imagine anyone stupid enough to fall for this.

No comments: