Thursday, February 19, 2004

My apartment building posted signs all over this morning warning residents that there are some needed repairs that are going to be performed on the boiler tomorrow, and because of this, the hot water will be turned off starting at midnight tonight (to be turned back on around 2 PM tomorrow). And while I know this sort of thing happens from time to time in all buildings, it is still a big pain-in-the-ass, especially coming on the heels of my shower disaster -- I mean, another damn morning I'm not going to be able to have a shower (I feel as if I've just now gotten clean, afterall). But what didn't sink in this morning when I first read the notice was that there would be no heat provided either. How can you turn the heat off in the middle of Winter? Especially when there are a number of elderly people living here too.

No comments: