Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Getting back on track. Again.



So, after my weekend of socializing, eating off plan, and not exercising, I had to make sure that I got right back on track today. It was helpful that I already had a personal training session scheduled for this afternoon. I knew that it was going to be the rougher session of the two training sessions I do each week (at least it was last week) so a part of me really dreaded it. I warmed up for about 12 minutes on the elliptical and then started with "Nice Mike". He had me doing weight enhanced squats and lunges and step ups and a whole bunch of other stuff. I actually feel like I pulled it off better than I did last week -- of course last week I had warmed up with 1.5 miles of running intervals, so that might have had something to do with it.

Anyway, with that under my belt, I went to "Core / Spin" class tonight. We started with 20-30 minutes of mat work that included (all on that half-ball thingie) squats, kicks, knee lifts and a bunch of other balance kicking or squatting stuff and then various pushups against the half ball thingie (flipped upside down) and then (my favorite), crunches and leg scissoring & lifts and all that wonderful abdominal work that's always such a total killer. I couldn't wait for the Spinning part. Spinning was about 40 minutes or so of hills and jumps and such. I felt pretty wiped out when it was all finished. One thing I noticed in the Spinning class part though was that I was the only participant (barring the instructor) who had a towel to mop up my sweat during the class. All the other women got through this entire class without flinging sweat around? WTF? I guess I'm just a beast.

No comments: