Saturday, September 06, 2008

Saturday Morning Spinning



I had to wonder this morning what I had been thinking when I signed up for a Spinning class for first thing on a Saturday morning. I kept asking myself when I got up and got showered and while I was driving to the Spinning studio, what I had been thinking, what I thought I was doing. I asked myself as I was adjusting the bike and as I was staring off into space while spinning lightly, waiting for the class to begin. The instructor even came in and said it was the 20 second warning for anyone who had changed their mind about the class. Believe me, I was tempted to bolt. But I was there already and knew that I would hate myself later if I didn't follow through. Pretty much every Spinning class starts with me wondering what I'm doing there (wanting to be anywhere but there). About half way through I'll be wondering if I'm going to make it and then, about 2/3 - 3/4 of the way through suddenly I'll feel (wooHOO!) utterly fantastic. It all always seems to kick in with a rush. Anyway, it was a good class, with an instructor that I hadn't had before. She did a lot of speed stuff, some of it on heavy resistance -- and she was slow to have us take resistance off too, so the class pretty much wrung me out. And, as expected, I felt great once the class was finished.

No comments: