Tuesday, September 09, 2008

A Trail Run in the Pouring, Pouring Rain



When I started out on the run there was a light rain, but I couldn't stand the thought of being stuck inside on a treadmill or elliptical with the rest of the crowds, so I figured that it would be okay, after all, I've run in plenty of rain before and I was wearing a baseball hat. Well, very shortly into the run, the rain became heavy, and then heavier and then a teeming, pouring, torrential downpour. Finally a HUGE thunderclap let loose overhead that was so loud and so close that it set off car alarms (the run was actually a lot of fun until that thunderclap). Anyway, I ran most of the route at a tempo pace (which for me is about a 10 min mile or maybe slightly less) just to try and get out of there. I was completely dripping, soaking wet by the time I was finished. I got lots of strange looks when I walked back through the gym to the locker room, let me tell you.

Runners, yeah, we're different.

No comments: