Saturday, September 13, 2008

Massage is GOOD



Since I've become increasing active, I decided that I wanted to make massage a regular thing. First of all, knowing that I have that massage appointment scheduled, I tend to be pretty good about keeping the activity level up, because I really want to "earn" my massage. Kind of like how wonderful it is to be good and hungry for the meal when you're going out to eat at a great restaurant, a massage feels even better if I've been working out a lot and I'm good and sore.

Anyway, so I had my massage appointment this morning and it was so, so wonderful. She got into every sore and tight muscle and really worked it all out. She even used the hot stones (I had never had those before). I think it's one of the best massages I'd ever had. I wish it could have lasted 4 hours, that's how much I enjoyed it.

After the appointment I was telling her how much I enjoyed the massage and she said, "you're in really good shape." Really? I think that's the first time anyone has said that to me, at least in recent history. Not sure if I agree, but it was nice to hear anyway. I'm certainly in my better shape than I was six months ago anyway, so I'm getting there.

No comments: