Sunday, March 28, 2004

I had the pleasure yesterday afternoon to meet Ellen & Ken for wings & beer at our favorite W&B place, Blondies, on the Upper Westside. I had told my friend Stephen that I was going to be there, and as luck would have it, another friend of mine, Mike, was also in the City that day hanging out with Stephen so both stopped by. Additionally, Ellen & Ken had run into Harriet & Daniel at a race in Central Park that morning and so they invited them along as well. So we ended up having a good group of people. It was slightly weird for me in that two of my worlds sort of collided: my running world with my old friends world, but it ended up being a lot of fun. I hadn't seen Mike in ages and ages and I think it had been at least six months or more since I had last seen Stephen. After everyone left, Ellen, Ken & I continued to drink beer first at Blondies and then moving on to another old haunt of mine, McAleers. And then finally a trip to Zabars to buy some cheese, etc. (I also picked up some smoked bluefish -- yum) rounded out the day. Today has been spent lolling around trying to recover from all that beer. What is about about drinking alcohol that makes you so tired the next day anyway? Must be the dehydration.

No comments: