Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Went to Spinning tonight which is a bit of a minor miracle since Ellen & Ken are traveling and so a big piece of my motivation wasn't there. But, after a short debate with myself before leaving the office, I went. It was hot in NYC today (in the upper 60s with a good amount of humidity too) and it was HOT inside the gym. Hot, hot, hot. UGH! I don't know if it's from being unprepared for this unseasonable weather or what, but the A/C situation was inadequate (especially for me, after having booked it for 10 blocks South to get there). I had a little time so I did 10 minutes on the elliptical first (just to make sure that I was even hotter.) The instructor started class by debating whether to turn the A/C up. Finally decided not to because she thought that it was better to be just a little too warm than to be too cold later. Too COLD??? My God. This is a Spinning class! Ain't nobody ever gonna be too cold in a Spinning class. Certainly no spin class I've ever participated in. Sheesh! Anyway, other than that the class went fairly well. Except that we spent most of it in either second or third position (both of which means you're out of the saddle) and that just kills the bottom of my feet. I was in pain by half-way through the class just by all the out-of-saddle stuff. My body can keep up, it's my feet I have a problem with. I know you can buy special Spinning shoes (somewhere), but really. Where does it all end? I mean, Spinning shoes???

No comments: