Friday, March 26, 2004

What is it with some men at the gym? I notice this with a lot of men, but most particularly with a couple I see everytime at my lunchtime gym. Guy gets on a weights machine and sits there. Sits. Sits. Sits. Finally does one or two half-hearted reps. Sits some more. May or may not do one or two more reps and then finally gets up wanders aimlessly around a bit. Stops and bullshits with people, maybe sits somewhere and stares off into space. Once in a while, may randomly choose another machine and sit. sit. sit. Do one/two reps and sit again. It's the strangest thing. And these are not body-builder types who are doing one or two super-super-high-weight reps. Just normal people doing a regular amount of weight. This one guy who I see there all the time was there again today. In the time it took me to do 9 or 10 machines, two sets of 15 reps each, this guy did one machine! And only a couple of reps. Unfortunately, it was also on one of the machines I wanted, so I didn't get to that one (because of him). Does this guy think he's actually working out? Maybe he hangs out there all day long and over the course of 8 hours gets in a fully body routine. Oh and the other thing is, he's also always wearing this heavy sweatshirt. Don't know how anyone can get a proper workout in wearing something like that. Weird. It takes all kinds, I guess.

No comments: