Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Day Two of "The Wallow":

I really did wallow for most of today. I did a quick laundry and I also actually unpacked a box that had been sitting in my closet since I moved into this apartment two years ago. But most significantly, I went to running class which I've written about in more detail in my workout log (which I've also added a link to on my sidebar, if you haven't noticed). One weird thing, as we were heading back after we had finished our running, we (the beginning class) passed all the competitive runners all lined up on the sidewalk and setting out for their class. We filed past them and all I could think was, "OMG, they are all so tall!" I felt like when you first go to school and are in kindergarten and you feel so tiny and scared and then you happen to go to an assembly or something and have to walk past a bunch of six graders in the hall. How small and insignificant you feel, and how huge the six-graders look to you (especially all in a pack). Anyway, it was the weirdest feeling. I even turned to one girl in my class and said, "is it just me, or are they all incredibly tall?" and she responded, "OMG, you're right!"

No comments: