Thursday, March 11, 2004

It's always a relief to get through my second Spinning class of the week because I know I've done what I set out to do. Not that Spinning is my only weekly goal, but it is the one that requires the most effort and is the one that is the most tempting to blow off -- I pretty much always just want to go home when the workday is done. The instructor tonight was a sub, you never know what you're going to get when that happens, but she was pretty good. Spent a lot of time on high resistance and also really isolating the movement out of the saddle (basically slowing everything down so that only your muscles are moving, you're not using any momentum or weight to revolve your legs, while supporting your weight out of the saddle -- it's harder than it sounds). So my legs were protesting pretty quickly into the class. Got through it though. Actually, the toughest part was the heat -- she couldn't figure out how to work the A/C! ACK!

No comments: