Thursday, March 11, 2004

Oh so, I meant to blog about this earlier. At lunchtime this afternoon I went out and walked around for about half an hour, just to get some air. First I strolled through H&M (extremely discounted, cheaply made, trendy-ish clothing) which I usually avoid because of the crowds. The music there was so loud that I think that drove me out of the store more than the frantic crowds of shoppers hammering for a bargain. Next I went up to Foot Locker, or Lady Foot Locker, or whatever it is. Browsed for a pair of pants for hanging around the apartment on weekends. I'm looking for something that is nicer that sweat pants, but just as comfortable. Kind of like boot-cut track pants in comfortable material. First of all, why is everything so expensive? I mean $50 or $60 for a pair of glorified sweat pants? I try to avoid paying that even for a pair of pants to wear to work. Secondly, why are the lengths all designed for amazons? I find that I can pretty much buy jeans in a regular length, they'll be a little long, but I can deal with it. Not so with any kind of sweat or track pant. The usually end up about foot too long. What? Do these manufacturers think that they're making these things only for Gabrielle Reece? And who is going to take their track pants to the tailor? I mean, really. Whatever. Needless-to-say I didn't buy anything at lunch today, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

No comments: