Tuesday, March 02, 2004

So, of course last night I was drawn into the finale of Average Joe, Hawaii. And, once again, the "beauty" was down to one "average" guy and one "hunk". In a show of just how shallow this chick is, she, of course, picks the "hunky" guy, even after when asked by her at their final dinner together what he hopes to get out of all of "this" he replied, "er, well, to be an actor, of course" (???!!!) Yet average guy Brian showed true and sincere feelings for her. And all with humor and a true and solid character that the hunky guy Gil did not show at all at any time during the entire show (in my opinion). Brian (average guy) made a strategical error (I believe) by revealing to Larissa that he was starting to feel love for her. I believe that this was part of the motivation behind her choosing the other guy. Knowing that she did not return as strong a feeling.

The last laugh of it all, however was on Larissa, when, while on her final romantic getaway with the man of her choice (Gil, "the hunk") she had a "deep, dark secret" she had to reveal. NBC had been playing this up in promos all week. I thought to myself, 'what could it possibly be? She has a child, she used to be a man, what???' Nope. Turns out her darkest secret is that she used to date... Fabio! Okay, gross! But hardly the Earth shattering confession they played it up to be. However, it did turn the romantic getaway sour and cause Gil to completely reject her. He basically completely freaked out. I'm not really understanding what the big deal is. Having a Fabio in your background as a former boyfriend is embarrassing, sure. But why should he care so much? I guess it just illustrates just how shallow this guy was. Basically, in my view Larissa and Gil deserve each other.

No comments: