Saturday, March 13, 2004

I walked Lola to the vet today for her annual check-up and shots, etc. I know I keep talking about how Queens is a weird place, but it really is. The area I have to walk her through to get to the vet is pretty urban, it borders Hillside and Jamaica, both very "Queenish" places. So I'm walking her and she poops. Okay, no big deal, I pick it up with a baggie and continue on, looking for a trash can, but there are none. At all. We walk and walk, and do not come across one garbage can. So frustrating, no wonder there is litter everywhere. Finally, I see someone's personal trash can in front of a private house, so I throw it there. So then we're walking some more and we're finally on the over-pass over the Van Wyck and see this woman with a baby carriage coming towards us. As she gets closer I notice that something about her was just not "right", and it wasn't all the missing teeth in her mouth either. Anyway, she sees Lola and has to make a big fuss over her. Lola, being the friendly, indiscriminating dog that she is, eagerly approaches the woman with her, 'love me, love me, love me' attitude. The woman, while leaning over Lola making a fuss over her, drools! Fat globs of drool mindlessly escape her mouth and land on my dog. She fucking drooled on my dog! I finally manage to drag Lola away so we can continue on. Queens is so weird.

No comments: