Tuesday, March 23, 2004

So tonight was my first running class (since I blew off the real first session last week). I was actually pretty nervous beforehand, but I needn't have been, everything went fine. And the class was a good size, not so large that I felt lost and overwhelmed and not so small that I stuck out in any way. Tonight's session featured repeats of two minutes running with two minutes walking, coincidentally, the exact routine I put myself through last week at home when I skipped the class (only I did two mins running intervals with only one minute walking as recovery), so luckily I was able to do it without walking at all on any of the running bits. It was also very enjoyable to be in Central Park on a quiet week night again, oh how I miss it! We were running around the boat pond, but I occasionally saw people running past us on the Park Drive above, running up Cat Hill... made me wistful for about 5 years ago. Anyway, class was good, I really like the coach they assigned us, he was very nice and enthusiastic, so I'll be back! I'm glad I'm starting this now before the heat sets in.

Oh also, the weirdest thing. On my walk back down to 63rd Street to the subway, I passed Dominic Dunne on Park Avenue. Just strolling by. I did a bit of a double take. (btw, he's very short).

No comments: