Thursday, March 25, 2004

Last night, after first going to dinner on the Upper Westside, I was treated to a production of Sweeny Todd at Lincoln Center. The event was courtesy of my father and in honor of his wife's (Lori) daughter Tanya visiting from Kansas. Although I had my misgivings about the play going in (I'm not usually a big fan of operatic performances), I was pleasantly surprised and ended up enjoying it immensely. I got home late, late, late however, and had to be up extra early this morning to get to work earlier than usual to give a presentation. UGH! The presentation is over, though and it went surprisingly well given my late night and lack of preparation and now I can start looking forward to having all of next week off! I'm just using up the last of my vacation days before my vacation time renews. Lucky me, my leftover time ended up equaling a complete week. My boss said, "you know, you can carry over those days if you want to." My response, "Nope! I'm taking them. I'm going to lie around and wallow and be happy that I don't have to pack or run off to the airport or rush around with my morning routine and catch a train. I don't even care if the weather ends up being crummy. It'll be comforting to know that I don't have to deal with getting up, getting ready and getting to work if it is." heh.

No comments: