Thursday, March 04, 2004

My manager needed to use my computer for a little while earlier, so I went to Macy's to kill some time at lunch. I am so over the whole huge department store thing. Walked around in a daze and did not even look at one thing. I can't believe that I used to like to shop. I also can't understand how a huge department store like this makes any money. Racks and racks of merchandise crammed everywhere you look, and not a whole lot of buying going on. Basically just a bunch of shell-shocked people like myself wandering aimlessly around.

Anyway, there were hordes of these "perfume guys", you know the people who try to spray everyone with perfume or cologne? They were lined up like soldiers in the men's department on the first floor. Yes, the men's department. They were hawking cologne there worse than in the women's area. And it didn't matter if you were male or female either. Anyone was fair game. I basically had to walk through with my head down, trying not to catch any of their eyes. If you do, it's all over, you'll be smelling your own self for the rest of the day.

No comments: